Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Actually no, I can eat raw veggies just fine- i get extra veggies on my subway sandwich all of the time with no issues. Whenever I get watery stool I do not find it alarming since we have a J-pouch- maybe I should find it alarming but I tend to not too. I get butt soreness every now and then, if i eat too much white flour products, or sweets like candy or pastries for an example or if I do not drink enough water. I just use the Calmospetine and that takes care of my trouble.

@Sara Marie posted:

Thanks!  I'm kinda over the whole watery stool thing-as in I'd like to be done with it.  I've been trying to avoid it by using lots of soluble fiber.  Maybe with enough of that, raw veggies don't have to scrub out the system and make my butt sore.  I will have to continue to investigate.

That is good that you are investigating. I should do that too but I do not lol. You use Calmoseptine and wipes right???

That is good that you are investigating. I should do that too but I do not lol. You use Calmoseptine and wipes right???

I use a bidet/enema for prevention of and calmoseptine in response to butt burn.  Our house has old plumbing and I wouldn't want to try wipes on it.  I did try them at one point but didn't find them very helpful.  I use a travel bidet when I'm away from home if the butt is really sore.  If not, I'll just use TP.

I use witch hazel/aloe/HA for healing the hemorrhoids/fissure/skin tag. I use homeopathic fissure oil and hemorrhoid oil (Forces of Nature-this brand works great!) for those things too. Sometime one thing works, sometimes another. Never can be sure!  The bidet/enema can also help with hemorrhoids/fissure.

Butt issues a-plenty over here!

You have a really good system for you!!! That is awesome!!!

I am too cheap to buy a bidet lol. I did use a bidet at a friend' house before and I almost fell asleep! It was soo relaxing!!! And her Bidet had a heater with it too! Lol.

I use nothing but wipes, I always throw my wipes in the trash can though. And I use my Calmoseptine, those two things really work for me.

I love witch hazel too! The name sounds like it would burn but its good for our bummy lol.

You have hemmrrhoids??? How did you get hemmrhoids?? Straining??? And since you have a fissure, do you think you have Crohns disease???

The external hemorrhoid is from a miscarriage before I had the pouch-it made a skin tag and the fissure is at the base of that, which is pretty common, I guess. The internal hemorrhoids are from frequent pooping.  I don’t consider my poops particularly strain-oriented-I massage my belly to help empty the pouch more completely and I push much harder with my hands than with my sphincter muscles.

My doc tested my blood for crohns and UC and I don’t have markers for either.

@Sara Marie posted:

The external hemorrhoid is from a miscarriage before I had the pouch-it made a skin tag and the fissure is at the base of that, which is pretty common, I guess. The internal hemorrhoids are from frequent pooping.  I don’t consider my poops particularly strain-oriented-I massage my belly to help empty the pouch more completely and I push much harder with my hands than with my sphincter muscles.

My doc tested my blood for crohns and UC and I don’t have markers for either.

I am sorry about your miscarriage! That must have been traumatizing

I thought Hemmrhoids were only caused by constipation and straining. I could be wrong though, I am no expert.

Oh good!!! I thought the markers for that do not disappear with surgery!!!???!!! Look at that! A miracle! You have magic eggs and blood lol.

I am sorry about your miscarriage! That must have been traumatizing

I thought Hemmrhoids were only caused by constipation and straining. I could be wrong though, I am no expert.

Oh good!!! I thought the markers for that do not disappear with surgery!!!???!!! Look at that! A miracle! You have magic eggs and blood lol.

Ha ha!  No the miscarriage wasn't traumatizing, it was relieving, as I would not want to bear children with this body, which would lead to additional health complications. Also, I wouldn't want to make another resource hogging American, and of course, there are already too many people in the world. This was a decision made when I hit puberty and I have never wavered. It was a deep internal spiritual decision made in accord with the natural world.  And NOT bringing a child into the world so they would NOT have to experience fascism in the US is an added bonus. So yay!

@Sara Marie posted:

Ha ha!  No the miscarriage wasn't traumatizing, it was relieving, as I would not want to bear children with this body, which would lead to additional health complications. Also, I wouldn't want to make another resource hogging American, and of course, there are already too many people in the world. This was a decision made when I hit puberty and I have never wavered. It was a deep internal spiritual decision made in accord with the natural world.  And NOT bringing a child into the world so they would NOT have to experience fascism in the US is an added bonus. So yay!

I am happy you are okay love! That is a positive way of looking at it! The Universe protected you

Do you want to get the hemorrhoids removed and the skin tag removed???

Last edited by Lauren Of Emerald City

I am happy you are okay love! That is a positive way of looking at it! The Universe protected you

Do you want to get the hemorrhoids removed and the skin tag removed???

Maybe.  I'm going to see what the colorectal surgeon recommends when she does my scope AND checks on my butthole.  Big step for me.  Haven't been scoped since my last colonoscopy in 2004.  I was too scared to let anyone near my butt, but now I feel a little less traumatized and so I'm going to go for it.  Wish me luck!

@Sara Marie posted:

Maybe.  I'm going to see what the colorectal surgeon recommends when she does my scope AND checks on my butthole.  Big step for me.  Haven't been scoped since my last colonoscopy in 2004.  I was too scared to let anyone near my butt, but now I feel a little less traumatized and so I'm going to go for it.  Wish me luck!

DAMN!!! You have not gotten scoped in 20 years?!!?! I totally get it, our surgeries and whole disease story is traumatizing. I am happy you are ready now

Good luck hon!!!

When are you going in??? Hopefully soon???

Last edited by Lauren Of Emerald City

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.