Skip to main content

Hey ladies and gents. So here I am 16 hours under the knife. 3 surgeries (1 emergency surgery due to onset of sepsis), 3 infections, 3 months of extreme anemia, 2 dilations under anesthesia for treatment of strictures, 4 partial bowel obstructions (2 had to be hospitalized for 5 days a piece). I've experienced extreme anxiety, depression, and a whole range of other emotions that ive never experienced before which caused me to seek therapy and take a combination of medications. This is in no way a sad story. I just wanted to take you on the journey I have been on so you can understand that it takes time sometimes a lot of time and a lot of patience and a lot of strength to get through all the tough times but I can honestly say that where I stand today it was all worth it. I was once a prisoner to my couch, confined to the 4 walls of my house feeling hopeless. That is not the person I am today nor will I allow it to be any longer. I still experience my day to day issues but they have now become part of my daily routine and ive learned how to cope with them. I live every minute of my life to the fullest. My house has now become a place where I eat, sleep, and bathe oh and obviously use the bathroom numerous times ha ha. I can now go out and enjoy doing the things I love. For those of you that have just begun this journey all I can say is hang in there. Its not going to be easy but keep the faith and stay positive and you will one day wake up and realize that you are the person that you were hoping to be before you started this journey. God Bless and Good Luck!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

This can be an extremely challenging surgery. Especially for those of us who have post op issues. I still gave issues three years out at times but I am learning what works medication wise etc and also take it one day at a time. Some days I feel pretty normal and almost like someone with a healthy colon would (well almost ) Other days I really do struggle. I just keep hoping the more time that passes the more my body will be at at peace with my jpouch.

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.