Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@HEMU posted:

Hi

i am facing acute pouchitis issues after 7 yrs surgery

i was absolutely fine all these years with occasional blockage

as adviced by my doc taking VSL3 and Metrogyl

today i saw some blood stains in my stool , is it normal , have you faced this condition if yes how did you handle

When I post my review here, I talk a lot about how to prevent blockages. The trick is water. Drinking before, during, and after every meal. Drinking water after every bowel movement, drinking water throughout the day and drinking water at every red light, water is the magic. I put salt in my water so I do not lose salt.

The bleeding is not normal at all. I never had pouchitis but i know its frustrating!! The only time i had blood stains was when I took a NSAID without food in my stomach to coat the stomach lining from the NSAID pain medicines. NSAID are not reccommended for us to take but i do it anyway lol, but now that Itake NSAID with food, I have not had bleeding. I  am surprised the VSL and anitibiotic have not taken care of the bleeding for you!!! How long have you been on those two medicines???

I am going to post my 10 year j-pouch review on October 13th because that is the day of my official surgery!!!

Post any questions you want me to answer or any topics you want me to talk about

Yes. Can you see if having  now found the cause of UC and chrones  if your docs know if the new treatments available and or being develope can help in any way with a j-pouch and other issues such as the spread of UC to the liver? See my post below....

The major breaklthrough discovery that a faulty gene ETS2 gene is 95% responsible for the cause of UC and chrones is outstanding. After living with UC for 45 years and the after effects of surgery  I am extactic the the cause of these horrible conditions is now known.  I always thought is was something to do with the immune systems reaction to bacteria - which seems not far off the mark.

Is anyone yet being treated in tests for the existing meds used for skin cancer that can turn down the faulty  ETS2 gene?

@Paul123 posted:

Yes. Can you see if having  now found the cause of UC and chrones  if your docs know if the new treatments available and or being develope can help in any way with a j-pouch and other issues such as the spread of UC to the liver? See my post below....

The major breaklthrough discovery that a faulty gene ETS2 gene is 95% responsible for the cause of UC and chrones is outstanding. After living with UC for 45 years and the after effects of surgery  I am extactic the the cause of these horrible conditions is now known.  I always thought is was something to do with the immune systems reaction to bacteria - which seems not far off the mark.

Is anyone yet being treated in tests for the existing meds used for skin cancer that can turn down the faulty  ETS2 gene?

I think that is an excellent question and excellent statements you made.

Your first question: I did find out recently that the cause of IBD (crohns and colitis) is related to a gene mutation of some sort, I did not know the genes or gene associated with it but I am glad you posted about it. As far as the J-pouch is concerned, I did hear that Remicade and Entyvio are great biologics for us in the case if we have Pouchitis or inflammation in the J-pouch, but sadly I do not know too much more on that nor do I have experience with that considering i never had pouchitis but I think its worth researching that as much as possible.

Your second question: I am not sure if anyone is anyone being treated in tests for the existing meds used for skin cancer that can turn down the faulty  ETS2 gene. I think we need to research that in depth too! I wonder if the Crohns and Colitis Foundation is working on that currently. I think you would be great in making those two suggestions to the Crohns and Colitis Foundation, I think they would love to hire you to make that company better haha. I will look into those two questions more in depth and see what I can find.

Great ideas

Lauren - i am much better now infact had discontuned all meds

my local Dr did a sigmoidscopy on Saturdat and ulcers were seen, waiting for Biopsy report

in interim he put me in heavy dosage of mesacol + Enterogermina and septran

I want get managed to decency then go for inperson consultancy of my colorectal surgeon who is in a different city Sad part is he is locked for next 90 days them christmas holidays will cm in

@HEMU posted:

Lauren - i am much better now infact had discontuned all meds

my local Dr did a sigmoidscopy on Saturdat and ulcers were seen, waiting for Biopsy report

in interim he put me in heavy dosage of mesacol + Enterogermina and septran

I want get managed to decency then go for inperson consultancy of my colorectal surgeon who is in a different city Sad part is he is locked for next 90 days them christmas holidays will cm in

Dan!!! He did it on a Saturday?!?! That is pretty cool!!! Him seeing ulcers is prettty concerning!!! I wonder if its pouchitis or Crohns??? Please let me know when you find out!

That really stinks that your colorectal  surgeon is booked out!! Try calling everyday for cancellations and you may be able to grab an earlier appointment. Calling around 10 and in the late afternoon is good because that is when people tend to cancel

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.