Skip to main content

I am wondering how others have responded to Entyvio. I have just been approved for it and am concerned about side effects. Have used Humira in the past but it stopped working. Also, tried Remicade but had a severe allergic reaction. Is there anyone here that has experience with Entyvio? I work full-time and don't want to miss any more work due to drug reactions, etc. Thank you.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I was on Entyvio (Vedolizimab) for a year or so for UC. It is an experimental drug here in Oz (so it was part of a trial, not blind so 100% guaranteed of getting the drug). Within two weeks of the first infusion I was in complete remission. This was fantastic. 12 Months later I had a colonoscopy which further confirmed the remission. Two weeks after that saw signs of blood and mucous and within a month UC was back. I was told there were patients who had been on it for several years and maintained remission. I was also told that, for patients where it worked quickly, it seemed to lose its efficacy after a year or so (me I guess). So nothing working and essentially now pan-colitis after only being 25cm-35cm for many years previously. Colon removed 9 July 2014, takedown 15 October 2014.

I do not know if the colonoscopy unsettled things, my GI says no, but appears to be too much of a coincidence (conspiracy theory).

Note also that is not guaranteed to work, I believe there is something like a 65% (don't quote me) success rate and much better than Humira. Regardless, when it was working, it was working 100% and there were no side effects. Some of the major side effects of the other biologicals are not evident in Vedolizimab so I wouldn't worry about using it (not a medical opinion).

Good luck with the treatment.
It is funny that I was just about to through out the question if anyone has tried Entyvio. I was just at my rheumatologist and he asked me to ask my gastro about Entyvio but I don't know if that is for us j-pouchers. Is there any j-pouchers out there that is on this and if there is how are you responding to it I have J-pouch due to Ulcerative Colitis taking antibiotics every day due to chronic pouchitis Thanks Grace

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.