Skip to main content

I just feel like something isn't right. Extreme itchiness inside. When I was taking loperamide/Imodium and metamucil. I was having huge formed poops, but once I started going I would go every hour for six hours.i would go fell done and then go ten minutes later another huge amount fully formed. Didn't,t feel like a full pouch feeling. I never had the sensation of a full pouch, it was just like something sharp is pushing to get out.Feels like sharp cuts inside. She told me to stop the Imodium. It's been two days of none and last night I was up four times with liquid. I either have hemorrhoid s inside or cuffitis. My cuff was still inflamed before takedown furing stage one she said and had to remove most of it.. Read someone took proctofoam and that took care of it...for good? How many people take Imodium and Metamucil every day? With the bag I would have , I think. I really miss the bag.i felt great then. I could do anything. I don't like alway feeling uncomfortable in that anal region. For those who are well what sort of feelings do you have down there? Are there times during the day when you feel absolutely nothing. By the end of the day I feel the pressure of standing and sitting all day makes it worse. Throbbing and spasms. Sitting is uncomfortable.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

No apology necessary, allswell. I can speak to two of your questions: I usually feel just fine, with no unpleasant or distracting sensations from my pouch or anus. And I do take Metamucil and Lomotil every day (and have since my surgery), though the Lomotil for me is just one tablet at bedtime.

I didn't feel quite that well 7 weeks post-op. I hope you start to feel better soon!
I'm about 7 months out. I go through most of the day not feeling anything. When I do, it's usually itching and some anal pain in the evenings. I've been on cipro since June I think. Every time I stop, the pain and throbbing (among other things) come back.
Sometimes, when it itches like hell, I really miss the bag. Then I think that the bag comes with its own problems.
I had lots of butt pain for the first several months, to the point where it hurt to sit. In May or June, I bought a Coco bidet and it helped tremendously with the itching and skin issues. The Cipro made a huge difference, night and day.
Recovery can really suck, but it will get better. It's just so hard to be patient, I know. Sorry you are going through this.
Katie
During the first two/three months I often felt there was something sharp pushing down on the anus.I thought I had an abscess or at least hemorrhoids but apparently not. I bought a hemorrhoid pillow which made sitting more. I found the psylliun (metamucil) and imodium helped to thicken and slow things. But I'll tell you, I do think it was just time that made it all go away. I noticed a difference at three months and a very large qualitative difference at 4 months and really haven't looked back since (knock on wood). If you have ruled out pouchitis (for me was cramping, increased frequency, fever and malaise) then maybe there is hope that just time will make it better. Keep us posted. Best of luck
I didn't have an exam before starting the cipro. I had been calling my surgeon's office every couple weeks with updates on my progress. After a few months, I think he finally decided that this wasn't part of the healing process any longer! I had lots of urgency, accidents, cramping,constantly feeling like I was holding back a bm, pain (anal and pelvic floor), leaking a lot at night, having to get up 3-5 times a night. It was very rough, and now that I know how it should be, I can never go back to that.
I also currently take 3 lomotil daily, Metamucil twice a day, and two Imodium before bed.
Katie

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.