Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks - and were you bouncing between two antibiotics or did you have a wider rotation? We were bouncing between cipro and augmentin but hit a patch where neither worked. So just had 2 weeks of doxycylcine and felt like it was losing efficacy so going to try cipro again. When you hit the 2 week mark did you feel the antibiotics wearing off? And what antibiotics worked for you? THank you.
everyone is different as to what works for them but i followed lead of another jpoucher who rotated for 13 yeaars..

i rotated 4 antibiotics changed about every three weeks to a month..this way i left a good deal of time for it to work again..the 4 i rotated was leviquin,tindermax,keflex,xifaxin...however after about three years i felt xifaxin just did not work and replaced with augmentin..my experience was on occassion i only made two weeks on one and i would just move on..
I'm allergic to a lot of antibiotics. Most recently, I was rotating bactrim, xifaxan, oral vancomycin, and doxycyline. I also had tindamax for awhile. Last thing he has me do was rotate just one week for each. But also have had problems with a few of those on the list causing serious side effects. So right now on an antibiotic holiday and trying to figure out what to do next.

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.