please support our sponsors
Register to post messages
chat | guestbook | ibd links | dietary guidelines | faq's | donate | mailing list | support
j-pouch people
The J-Pouch Group    J-Pouch Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  J-Pouch Forums  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    Tell me about pizza Jpouchers!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Bill J, Dave H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell me about pizza Jpouchers!
 Login/Join 
posted
It's been 10 days since takedown. I am dying for some pizza.

Posts: 127 | Location: FL | Registered: February 11, 2012Report This Post
<chasingtime>
posted
what are you eating so far? im 11 days out and im not even passed rice n toast yet. am i to cautious?

Report This Post
Picture of mgmt10
posted Hide Post
Go for it. Just have a small slice though and see how it goes. I had pizza a week after takdown and I was fine with it. Everyone is different...you won't know til you try it. Enjoy!

Marianne

DX UC (pancolitis) 2005 when I was 37-Family history of UC
Tried every drug and diet....all failed
Step 1- 6/25/10 (Laparoscopic restorative proctocolectomy with temporary diverting loop ileostomy)
Step 2- 10/8/10 (take down)
Very pleased with my results.

Posts: 2649 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 10, 2010Report This Post
<Ih8myJpouch>
posted
Don't eat too much of it. I made the mistake of doing that the last time I dined on thin crust cheese pizza with a small piece of garlic bead and water. I had the laws of physics join me that meal only to tell me "did you really think you could eat that much pizza minus 5 feet of your colon? You should have learned there's no beating the laws of physics by now. Sorry you lose." That whole meal reminded me how long ago my surgeon warned me how I'd become more dependent on my sphincter muscle after my J Pouch surgery was finished. Frowner Frowner

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ease into it, especially at first.

I'd start off with something plain, no toppings other than cheese.

(FYI, I eat pizza now with no problems whatsoever! There are just certain toppings that are a no-no for me)

FAP Diagnosed 7/28/04
First Step 8/10/04
Take Down 12/14/04
Highly Modified Whipple Procedure - 9/26/11

Posts: 1193 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: September 23, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've eaten alot. cereal with whole milk, turkey, meatloaf, salisbury steak, chicken, pudding, rice, donuts, deli sandwiches without veggies, corn dogs, gatorade, rootbeer, chicken dumpling soup, canned peaches, pears, apples, mac n cheese, whole and mashed potatoes.

Posts: 127 | Location: FL | Registered: February 11, 2012Report This Post
Picture of mgmt10
posted Hide Post
If that's what you have eaten so far then I don't think you will have trouble with a slice of pizza. Smiler

Marianne

DX UC (pancolitis) 2005 when I was 37-Family history of UC
Tried every drug and diet....all failed
Step 1- 6/25/10 (Laparoscopic restorative proctocolectomy with temporary diverting loop ileostomy)
Step 2- 10/8/10 (take down)
Very pleased with my results.

Posts: 2649 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 10, 2010Report This Post
<chasingtime>
posted
quote:
I've eaten alot. cereal with whole milk, turkey, meatloaf, salisbury steak, chicken, pudding, rice, donuts, deli sandwiches without veggies, corn dogs, gatorade, rootbeer, chicken dumpling soup, canned peaches, pears, apples, mac n cheese, whole and mashed potatoes.

dear lord. whats wrong with me. im scared to death to add things yet. had some peach last week and paid dearly Frowner someone encourage me to take some chances here. colitis has me fearing most foods...

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
you should be fine. eat a small piece bland toppings. if you want to combat too much acid get a tiny amount of baking soda in some water after. cuts the acidity.

Posts: 335 | Location: NC | Registered: December 07, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I waited six weeks before I tried anything other than a soft, bland, boring diet. Then....just a very small portion of one new thing at a time. Waited to see how "it did" before including it again. On down the road all foods have worked for me. It just took awhile.

C.E.M.

Posts: 735 | Location: Southern California | Registered: February 06, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I was eating pizza in the hospital!

Step 1 of 3, 6-8-11.
2nd surgery did steps 2 & 3 together 9-7-11.
Incisional hernia repair 10-17-12

Posts: 222 | Location: Vinton, VA | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Picture of TE Marie
posted Hide Post
JenniferG,

You beat me to it! I ate pepperoni pizza in the hospital too. Wink I was told to order more than I could eat and to just have a few bytes of what I ordered. One time, after breakfast a Resident lifted up the food covering to see what I ate, and smiled at me. It was like they were monitoring my food as well as my fluids.

UC diagnosed 1997, Take Down 12/29/2010

Posts: 4571 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 22, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Tinned peaches come through clearly identifyable where as skinless fresh ones don't....can't imagine why. Would have thought tinned ones which are effectively cooked by the heat of the canning process would be easier to digest. Had a very bad experience with dried apples, making my partners museli, why oh why didn't I consider they swell up inside.

Posts: 118 | Location: Gladstone, New Zealand | Registered: September 10, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Pizza is my best go-to food! I have issues if I eat past 6-6:30pm. Pizza is my only exception. I can eat it and sleep without fear. :-)

UC
Step 1: May 15, 2009
Step 2 : September 1, 2009
Step 3: December 29, 2009

Posts: 124 | Location: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: June 10, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted Oct 7, 8:45 PM Hide Post

If you've eaten all of that, a slice of pizza is no issue. Just make sure you CHEW, CHEW, CHEW and drink plenty of fluid (water).

FAP Diagnosed 7/28/04
First Step 8/10/04
Take Down 12/14/04
Highly Modified Whipple Procedure - 9/26/11

Posts: 1193 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: September 23, 2004Report This Post