please support our sponsors
Register to post messages
chat | guestbook | ibd links | dietary guidelines | faq's | donate | mailing list | support
j-pouch people
The J-Pouch Group    J-Pouch Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  J-Pouch Forums  Hop To Forums  Help! Need advice now!    chronic pouchitis with new symptoms
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

chronic pouchitis with new symptoms
 Login/Join 
posted
My 15yr old daughter has had a j-pouch for almost a year now and has had chronic pouchitis most of this time. This last week she has been complaining of extreme rectal pain and a decrease in bowel movements during the day and an increase at nighttime. she is also experiencing fatigue, weight loss and mouth sores. We saw her GI today and he wants to do a scope to see what is going on. If that is normal then he wants to do a MRI because he is worried that there may be a problem with the pouch itself or surrounding area. I am worried because she has never had this pain in the rectum and usually has an increase in bowel movements with her pouchitis. Has anyone else experienced any of this? I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas, thank you!

Posts: 2 | Location: Hope,IN | Registered: April 09, 2012Report This Post
Picture of TE Marie
posted Hide Post
There could be many things that cause this and I think the scope with biopsies and testing of stool samples will help diagnose what is wrong and what treatment plan to follow. I hopw she is feeling better soon.

You may not be able to adjust the wind, but you can adjust your sails.........

Posts: 4246 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 22, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. We are headed to the hospital in a couple of hours for the scope...hoping for some answers. will keep you postedSmiler

Posts: 2 | Location: Hope,IN | Registered: April 09, 2012Report This Post
Picture of TE Marie
posted Hide Post
I hope they figure out what is wrong so she can start treatment ASAP.

You may not be able to adjust the wind, but you can adjust your sails.........

Posts: 4246 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 22, 2011Report This Post