Skip to main content

Seeing the surgeon at the end of Nov to hopefully book the surgery (laporoscopy I hope) that will hook my pouch back up.
The pain is so bad that I wake up wanting to scream. Every time that the pouch fills it twists and pulls and presses and causes me severe pain.
There is nothing that I can do until then but eat very light, especially at night so that the pouch is never full.
It wakes me at 4 am and even after emptying I cannot go back to sleep because it hurts so badly for hours afterwards...like a kick in the gut or kidney.
During the day I eat only low residue, tiny snacks so I can survive the day...I am hoping like hell that once it is hooked back up that this pain will disappear like it did the last times.
He has got to say yes to this...it is spoiling my life and destroying my pouch.
Sharon
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Lots of good luck to you Sharon. We all know pain, and it's not fun. I hope this helps solve your problem and are able to start enjoying life again. Starting to wonder if all of this is worth it? Depressing to say the least.

Does this mean you no longer will have your Kpouch. Haven't been following your posts, so unsure of what's been happening.
Mema,
Yes, I still have the k pouch but it is unhooked from the abdominal wall and thus twisted sideways...leaving me to hunt for the opening of the valve and its direction.
It moves depending on how full it is so it is always a search and rescue to fine my way in, especially when full.
I am not depressed (yet) but probably should be...I am just anxious for it to be done and over...
I am following your posts and hope that things work out with SS and medicare...I am very interested. No idea what I will do the day that I move back home permanently...
TE, I am just hoping that he doesn't leave early for Christmas...I finish clases on the 19th...and would be happy to go strait from school to O.R.!
Yup, the fingers and toes are all crossed.
Sharon
I guess that the worst thing that could happen is that he refuses to fix it...or that I need open surgery (something that I refuse to do).
I am banking on a laporoscopy, 3 nights in the hospital (that is his rule with me...prevents me from running around, over doing it and generally not resting) and then 2 weeks off to recuperate.
At least that is my plan...let's see what his is!
Crossing fingers because next semester I will have just as much work as this one have to deal with winter weather, snow, exhaustion etc so it has got to work.
Planning on this being the very, very last one.
Nice to hear your 'voice' again Gin.
We missed you
Sharon

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.