Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I used to have issues with incomplete emptying along with frequent bowel movements. Come to find out, I had severe pouchitis and stricturing or narrowing of the anal canal from scar tissue. This was preventing the j pouch from emptying properly. In the most severe cases, it hospitalized me with obstructions. Try to rule out pouchitis and/or stricturing. Unfortunately the only way to truly rule these out is with a scope by your GI.
My S Pouch has always been temperamental! My night visit can take between 3-5hrs to empty! No joking or embellishing either! On average it takes an hour to empty when I go during the day, and most days its double figures.

Sometimes it feels like I am constipated and I have to 'force' out the contents of my pouch, which has been checked and according to the surgeon all is well.
will definitely speak with my pouch nurse this week as my weekend has been spent in the bathroom! two 5am finishes, then up again 4 hours later back on the throne(loo). can't put up with this for much longer, its getting me really down.

Sunday morning its been four visits after a 5am finish! I've really had enough, this is no good for my physical or mental health, I feel like a freak!
RevLenny..... Have you ever tried giving yourself an enema to get your pouch to empty fully? My pouch grew to be a large. I don't know exactly what that means other than it's contributing a lot to my lower back pain and....... I can see how a S pouch might be more difficult to empty if it was older plus it already starts out sort of horizontal.

I have a bidet and sometimes when my feces is too thick I use the turbo function, which is like an enema to start things flowing and it is good for when you don't feel you've emptied everything. I use "low" water pressure.

My GI says this is ok and it's good to get the pouch emptied so the feces doesn't stay in and cause issues with my pouchitis and cuffitis.....

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.