please support our sponsors
Register to post messages
chat | guestbook | ibd links | dietary guidelines | faq's | donate | mailing list | support
j-pouch people
The J-Pouch Group    J-Pouch Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  J-Pouch Forums  Hop To Forums  K-Pouch Korner    lubricants
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

lubricants
 Login/Join 
posted
I have had my k pouch for over a year now and could not be happier. But I am so tired of having to spend money on lube. So I was wondering what cheaper things there may be that you guys have used for lube??

Thanks!
Hollyfaith76

Posts: 10 | Location: Metter, Ga | Registered: February 06, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Walmart's Personal Lubricant. A 4oz tube costs $1.98 and lasts several weeks.

Posts: 99 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: March 16, 2013Report This Post
Picture of skn69
posted Hide Post
I buy my lube at the dollar store (both in Canada and in the U.S.)...it is litterally $1...lasts about 6months (I use it sparringly but don't think that using gobs of it really does me much good..), like Josh said, olive oil is fabulous too...I have a mini lube container that I washed out and filled and use in the downstairs bathroom...kind of my own personal survey of which works better and honestly it is the olive oil.
Supplies like stoma covers and lube should not be taking a chunk out of your monthly budget...I cover the stoma with a folded up kleenex from those mini packets plus 1/2 minipad stuck onto the unddies...my annual budget not counting tubes and syringes is probably under $50.

Sharon

It could be worse...oh, wait..it already has been! then I guess it can only get better from here....

Posts: 4816 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: July 29, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the store brand at Wall-Mart. Cheapest around. Lube is Lube. Well, unless you take your auto to Jiffy-Lube. That's another story.

PS: I do sometimes buy the little packets of Surgilube to keep in the car or in my pocket in case I have to intubate away from home.

Posts: 1326 | Location: Staunton, Va. | Registered: March 04, 2004Report This Post