Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Absolutely. It happens to me more when I am lying down though. I suppose it depends on the actual location, or positioning of your RV fistula that would determine when air would be most likely to escape.

When I am not totally devastated by my fistula, I pretend to like this convenient release of air. It takes the pressure off of my pouch sometimes without me having to get up and go to the bathroom.

I've had my fistula now for about 7 years if you have any questions about it.
C-jay
I have the same experience as JHendrix. My GYN tells me that a lot of her patients who have had children report the same thing, as pregnancy can shift the contents of the pelvis and changes the shape of the vagina. As long as there's no fecal leakage through the vagina (which would be frank leakage or indicated by pain, bacterial vaginosis, etc) it's most likely nothing.
I have had a similar experience - it didn't start happening until about 3 years post J-pouch. I notice that it only occurs occasionally when I have to empty the pouch. I mentioned it to my GYN because I was worried about a RV fistula. She took a look and said everything looks good. So maybe it just happens to some people without having a fistula and occurs from things shifting in the pelvis? I'm not sure but thought I would share my story!

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.