Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I've used both at max dosages but switched to Immodium because it's OTC so more readily available. They both dry me out so much that water doesn't touch my dry mouth Frowner Is it possible the Lomotil is stronger for you and dried you out to the point that you were dehydrated? You said you felt better after drinking some water. You may do better to stick with the Immodium.
The main reason not to take both is that it is like doubling up on the same medication. But if you are alternating small doses, it should not be a big deal.

You might have felt dry and blah due to a sensitivity to the atropine in Lomotil. Imodium does not contain it. It is a very small dose in the lomotil, but some people are very sensitive to it. Could just be coincidence too. If it recurred with further lomotil dosing, you could be more sure.

Jan Smiler
Hi.
I can take one lomotal and it plugs me up. I don't use anything to thicken and I feel as though I get plugged up. I eat a banana and Apple everyday and it works to thicken but seems like when I bm only some comes out and it just stops when I know more is there. Weird. Just have to experiment with it all to see what is best for you. I still am experimenting with things at close to a year after. Takes time.

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.