Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

So I did it. I'm still in hospital - the jpouch is all gone, I have a new, better stoma and a barbie bum.

The most painful thing? My bum.

I still can't pee and the pain in my bum is the worst. Please tell me this gets better. I'll have to be in hospital for a few more days (around 10). It'd been so tough. I can't beleive the bum pain.

But on the positive side my Mum already thinks I look better with the jpouch out!

Any advice on the bum pain?

Clicky
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The tush pain is the worst. It was miserable. But it DOES pass. I had stitches and when they came out it was soooo much better.

I knew when I woke from surgery that I made the right choice because my body felt better right away - sounds like your mom is seeing that in you!

Hang in there the first two weeks are the toughest, but after that I was full of energy and doing things I hadn't been able to do on my own since UC...

PM me if you want to chat - I'll send you my phone #
Clicky, I hope you're glad to be on this side of the surgery. Yes, the recovery is rough, but by week 4 I was feeling so much better. I was on 4 oral pain medications and that seemed to handle the pain for those first four weeks. Are you taking a lot for the pain? I even had a lidocaine patch to stick to my bottom to even take the edge off the pain that way.

My stitches just dissolved, but there was a knot or something that really bothered me in the process. It too dissolved as the weeks passed and all healed up.

Hang in there! RIP jpouch!
Laura

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.