Skip to main content

yes i can say aside from the diet i am following..(more or less scd)avoiding sugar except fruit or some honey and no grains or starchy carbs like potatoes,rice..the imodium is definitely making a difference and improvement as well..i take 2x2 a day morning and evening..seems good...i also make the yoghurt which is yummy with blueberries,some almond chips and cinnamon .the yoghurt recommended on scd diet but i find it a real treat to eat..i make it with whole milk taste the best..yoghurt very easy to make with yoghurt maker.its just a matter of heating milk to 180 degrees and than basically reducing it to about 100 to mix with yoghurt starter..

anyone want info on getting yoghurt maker and starter be glad to supply..

hint if you do order yoghurt maker with two inserts because you store yoghurt in insert in ref rig so when you are getting low and because it has to sit 24 hours before using having a second insert allows you to do so without running out of yoghurt..author of dcd diet thinks the yoghurt important part of diet maybe the probiotics so worth adding if you want to go the diet route plus for me its a treat since ice cream like foods are out..

will continue updating as i make any new discoveries in hopes it helps someone else!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have been on the SCD for almost 3 months now because of Rebecca and am taking 3 immodium 2X a day and have cut back to 1 cipro a day from 2 because of these changes. Also taking 2 bifidophilis probiotics a day. The SCD book said the acidophilus probiotics can cause problems for diarrhea and i ordered a special one they recommended.
I still have times I go every 30 minutes for a couple hours but at least I am down to 1 cipro a day, effective 3 days ago!
Rebecca it is very interesting that it appears it may be the fruit I am eating is really causing a problem, particularly the raspberries. I will eliminate one fruit at a time, then all fruits for a couple days, then maybe eliminate the almond bread to see why I am still having these issues and report back.

Also I just paid to be part of a medical call on SIBO thru scdlifestyle.com with a couple doctors that specialize in SIBO. In the call they mentioned that not only the SCD diet needs to be followed but the low fodmap diet for fruits and vegetables as well to best control SIBO. I did the research and found they recommend no apples, pears, raspberries, avocado mango, papaya, artichokes, mushrooms, broccoli, brussels sprouts and onion when one has SIBO, unfortunately the fruits and vegetables I eat the most.
I will be sent a copy off the transcript for the 2.5 hour call if there is someone who is interested in having me send it to them.
They also talk about the best testing to be sure you have SIBO.
I was making yogurt from the starter powder mix and was fine. Tried the coconut recipe from Against all Grains with a probiotic and for two days I could not stop going to the bathroom? Today, I tried yogurt making it with starter from regular store bought yogurt and now too It is just running out of me. I can't take Imodium. Can't figure this out. Still on the diet. Cholesterol is up too.
clouseau hi rebecca here yes i am very interested in your findings and would like info..

moreover,i am inclind to perhaps agree that the fruit might be a problem for us..even in dcd approved many folks on dcd cannot eat them(sigh!)thinking it is issue with me as well for control..just hating to admit it..i am even thinking the honey in some receipes from digestive wellness might be a problem because of honey..have had some bumps along the way as of late and have had to add my antibiotic back at times (one half dosage of amoxicilian)i think aftr all the diet does work or help but it must be so exact to our situations..
alleycat..i would go back to yoghurt starter you used that seemed to be good..i use the one that i get from lucys kitchen(she has store of scd ..)i get my yoghurt maker as well from her..not only is she great to get above things from as well as almond flour but she is great as advisor having been around since elaine gottshell did the book and knew her personally and successfully used scd for her colitis..as a matter of fact she did tell me to watch the fruit..she does not eat them because they cause her to have had issues..and too much almond flour at any one sitting or day can be difficult on our intestine(sigh!)anyone want her tel number it is 800 number glad to supply..

Add Reply

Copyright © 2019 The J-Pouch Group. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.